Call for Papers
EuroMPI/ASIA 2014 Call for Papers
The 21st European MPI Users' Group Meeting
9th - 12th September, 2014
- in-cooperation status with ACM and SIGHPC
BACKGROUND AND TOPICS
EuroMPI is the preeminent meeting for users, developers and researchers to interact and discuss new developments and applications of message-passing parallel computing, in particular in and related to the Message Passing Interface (MPI). The annual meeting has a long, rich tradition, and has been held in European countries. In the 21st EuroMPI, the conference venue is in Kyoto, Japan, outside of Europe.
Following past meetings, EuroMPI/ASIA 2014 will continue to focus on not just MPI, but also extensions or alternative interfaces for high-performance homogeneous/heterogeneous/hybrid systems, benchmarks, tools, parallel I/O, fault tolerance, and parallel applications using MPI and other interfaces. Through the presentation of contributed papers, poster presentations and invited talks, attendees will have the opportunity to share ideas and experiences to contribute to the improvement and furthering of message-passing and related parallel programming paradigms.
In addition to the main conference's technical program, one-day or half-day workshops will be held. The Call for Workshops is separately announced and also shown in the conference page.
Topics of interest for the meeting include, but are not limited to:
- MPI implementation issues and improvements towards exascale computing, such as manycores, GPGPU, and heterogeneous architectures
- Extensions to and shortcomings of MPI
- Hybrid and heterogeneous programming with MPI and other interfaces
- Interaction between message-passing software and hardware, in particular new high performance architectures
- MPI support for data-intensive parallel applications
- New MPI-IO mechanisms and I/O stack optimizations
- Fault tolerance in message-passing implementations and systems
- Performance evaluation for MPI and MPI-based applications
- Automatic performance tuning of MPI applications and implementations
- Verification of message-passing applications and protocols
- Applications using message-passing, in particular in Computational Science and Scientific Computing
- Parallel algorithms in the message-passing paradigm
- Workshop proposals due: January 30, 2014
- Workshop notification: February 14, 2014
- Submission of full papers and poster abstracts:
April 25May 10, 2014 AOE
After your submission, you may update your paper until
May 6, 2014 AOEMay 12, 2014 AOE
- Author notification:
May 30, 2014 June 13, 2014June 20, 2014
- Camera Ready papers due:
June 20, 2014 June 30, 2014July 11, 2014
- Tutorials: September 9, 2014
- Conference: September 10-12, 2014
Contributors are invited to submit a full paper as a PDF document not exceeding 6 pages in English. The title page should contain an
abstract of at most 100 words and five specific, topical keywords. The paper must be formatted according to double-column ACM ICPS proceedings style. The usage of LaTeX for preparation of the contribution as well as the submission in camera ready format is strongly recommended. Style files can be found at http://www.acm.org/publications/icps-instructions/.
New work that is not yet mature for a full paper is invited for the poster session. Contributions to the poster session should be submitted in the form of a two page abstract.
All contributions will be fully peer reviewed by the program committee. For submission, see
15 Sep. 2014
12 Sep. 2014
EuroMPI/ASIA 2014 ended in success!
EuroMPI 2015 will be held in Bordeaux, France from 21 to 25 September!